Wednesday 20 May 2020

Wouldn't It Be Great If..........?




Hi!

Welcome to the blog.  Today I am going to do something that is out of the ordinary, I am going to ask a very specific question but I don't want you to answer it, just think about what I am saying.

"Wouldn't it be great if you signed up to follow me because that way you would never miss another post of mine?"

So thank you for being here this week and I hope that you will be as amazed as I was with what has happened recently.




The first time I heard the phrase "Wouldn't it be cool if...........?" was during a one to one video interview between Chase Jarvis and Marie Forleo.

I have to confess that the words hit me like a thunderbolt!  Immediately I saw a doorway into the world of possibility opening wide in front of me

I started to think things like:-

"Wouldn't it be great if I had some international coaching clients?"

and

"Wouldn't it be great if I had an Aston Martin?"

or

"Wouldn't it be great I was able to make friends with some of the people who have coached me over the years?"

And the answer to each one of those questions was a resounding "YES"

It seemed that I had stumbled on a potentially life changing question, but that was only the first part of the concept, because I realised that there was a key to making these things happen.  That key was vital to turning aspirations into reality.

Quite simply - I HAD TO TAKE ACTION!

I had realised that this way of thinking (the idea) had the power to change everything in my life provided that I would accept the concept and secondly take action towards those changes, let the idea become part of my reality.


I had to adopt a way of thinking that said I was no longer going to make do with "Second Best".  I realised that if I was going to succeed in achieving these things I had to raise my game.

So what happened next was so obvious and yet I had been missing it for the past 20+ years.

In 1995 I attended a weekend training in London (at that time this was the only official course available for people who wanted to train to be a coach) One of the trainers on that course "took me under his wing" so to speak and at the end of the training when I graduated he shook me by the hand and said that he had been very impressed with the way I had dealt with issues that had been presented to me.

This trainer has a long and successful history of coaching and goal setting and he often travels around the world teaching how to create strategies for achieving results.  So I found his website and then his email address and contacted him.

He responded very quickly and welcomed my enquiry - he said that it would be great if I joined his course that was specifically designed to "train the trainers" and he offered me an opportunity to become one of his representatives.

I thanked him for his generosity but explained to him that I had my own clients and that I would (provided he agreed) like to use the system as an "add on" to what I do.  He was really understanding and as a result offered me a free place on his series of webinars in order that I could refresh my knowledge of his goal planning systems.

He and I now chat regularly on Social Media and we are currently looking to a face to face meeting in the not too distant future.

But that story does not end there -

About 8 weeks ago (around the start of April 2020) I found out that said gentleman was friends with a lady who has a very unique style of delivering business development work.  A lady whose methods have seen her taking a market stall from £75,000 a year turnover to a staggering  £2,000,000  in a couple of years.  She is now providing coaching to large companies around the world.

I first stumbled across her work about 10 years ago and since that first encounter I had held a wish that I would be able to meet her, but I thought that it would never really amount to anything.

I passed a comment about seeing that this lady and my goal setting trainer were friends and the response I received floored me, he said "why don't you send her a message, tell her that you and I are friends and invite her to accept you as a friend.  I am sure she will respond because she is very approachable"

So I did this and she accepted!

Taking that step, albeit nervously, has led to many conversations some of which have revealed that we have a number of things in common, one being that her sister lives about 8 miles from my house in North Devon and that she lives about 8 miles from where Alison's family lived - a village in Derbyshire.

She also invited me to participate in a series of online trainings that she was delivering and has, on a number of occasions contacted me by email and messenger services for more personal exchanges.  

One such email was to arrange a meeting when she comes to visit her sister and another was to ask me to make a contribution to a new training she is developing.  She has also been instrumental in the current rebranding that I am undertaking.

And as for the Aston Martin? - Well that is still work in progress!

So I hope that you can see that the simple phrase "Wouldn't It Be Great If.......? can prove very powerful, it can open up a wide range of possibilities that you may have never considered before.

Five simple words can wield so much power!

So

Wouldn't it be great if you signed up to follow me because that way you would never miss another post of mine? -   To do this CLICK The blue button marked FOLLOW on the right hand side of the page.

Plus as an added extra for signing up you would also benefit from a membership discount on products that I create from time to time.


ooo000ooo


The (slightly) larger 2020 Workbook is now available!



To order a copy of the new book please navigate to the Shopping Page


Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"



ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a coach; speaker; radio presenter and founder of The Blue Sky Company.  I am also a therapist and my therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and Reiki.  Currently I am studying towards a Diploma in Mindfulness

If you would like to know more about the blog or my therapy work etc, then please email me.


Follow the link to join our Facebook page Under Blue Skies this page is host to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").


By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else as well as advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So it would also be fantastic if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family.


Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.


Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...