Sunday 10 April 2022

10 Suggested Things To Give Up!

                                       Hi it's Dave 

Thank you for joining me here on this week's Altered Image Coaching blog.  I don't know about you but I feel as if I have hardly had time to turn round and yet here we are, almost in the middle of April.

The other day I was thinking about writing this post and wondering what I could do that had the potential to help people make changes to their lives that would lead towards building a better, less stressed life!

So after a day or so of considering I have created a list of points that have the potential to help you improve your life on a day to day basis.

So without further chatter let's simply "dive right in!" as they say:-

You could 

a) Give Up Complaining - yes I know that there are times when you buy something and less than 24 hours later it has failed (there is a justifiable complaint). However, I am not talking about those times,I am talking about the "every day" complaints such as "I am cold!" or "That shop never stocks what I want!" or "these jeans don't fit me properly" - each one of those has a solution if you think about it!

b) Stop Blaming Others - All too easy to do..... you know the scenario, "Jean did that!" or "Tony told me to do that and that is why it went wrong"  Instead you could adopt an attitude of "well that didn't work so maybe I did something not quite right, let's try it again but see if we can find out what we can do to make it work"

c) Drop The Limiting Beliefs - A limiting belief is a false belief that someone holds true which is based on incorrect conclusions about themselves.  Such beliefs can limit, distress or hurt us.

d) Stop Negative Self Talk - this is simply the language that you use when you talk to yourself that is unkind, untrue or not helpful.

e) Switch Away From Dwelling In The Past - there is a well-used phrase that is so true!  It reads "all of life happens in the present!" The past is done, no matter what happens we cannot change it so why do so many of us keep on living there?  We really need to concentrate on the "now" because that is the place where all of the memories are made!

f) Stop Resisting Change- resistance consists of the actions you take when something happens in your environment that you perceive will have a detrimental effect on your life. Instead of resisting the change consider the ways that such change could benefit you as you move forwards.

g) Eliminate The Need To Impress Others - going back a long time a good friend said to me "There is No Such Thing as a Need! Everything in life is a want!" 

The comment arose because I had said that I needed a new lens for my camera.  Later on I said again that I did need it and he responded "No! You don't need it, you want it!  Prior to today you have taken perfectly good photographs, all the ones you have submitted have been accepted, so I repeat - you don't need the lens, you want it!"

h) Drop The Need To Always Be Right - People who always need to be right have a tendency towards fragile egos.  When they feel that their self-image has been threatened, they want to make themselves look bigger or smarter.  As a result they have a tendency to blame others. This is a coping mechanism to deal with insecurity!

oooOOOooo

                 Affirmations Blogging BLOGGING TIPS Blog Traffic Books                                  Recommendations Change Your Life coffee break ideas                     SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

oooOOOooo


My Mission - To Inspire and Empower People To Create Lasting Change

About Dave -  I am a personal development coach; a therapist; speaker; and  radio presenter.  I founded my coaching practice many years ago and although it has gone through various incarnations the core of Altered Image Coaching has always remained the same to help and encourage people to live their best lives.  

Certifications

I hold qualifications in each of the following disciplines:-

Life Coaching (Honours Diploma)

Music Therapy (Diploma)

Crystal Therapy (Practioner)

Reiki (Practitioner)

Dementia Awareness


Introduction To Mindfulness

To find out more about how we could be able to work together or to just dive straight in and book a session, then please send me an email

If you would like to join our Facebook group just follow the link to the new

This page is home to a group of like - minded people (also affectionately known as "The Tribe") and as a thank you for their continued support people who join "The Tribe" often receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else.  

The page also provides advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So please spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family and I hope to see you as a member of our "Tribe" soon.





LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography:

Pinterest:

Twitter:

Workbook

The sparkly new 2022 Workbook is now available as a special gift from me to you as a thank you for being "part of the tribe!" 

I am providing limited time FREE access (which will be withdrawn on 24th April) to readers of this blog.  After this time the Workbook will become a "paid for" publication. 

Scan the QR code below to take advantage of this offer




oooOOOooo

The outgoing 2021 Altered Image Coaching 90-Day Workbook is still available at a cost of just £10 (payment by Pay Pal - please contact me for details)



Subscribing To The Blog

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates


Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And again, above all remember

"Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...