Wednesday 2 January 2019

7 Top Tips To Make Personal Progress


So we have said goodbye to 2018 and are starting afresh in 2019.  I hope that your festive season went well and without any hitches.  So let us begin this New Year with a few tips about making progress in my 7 Top Tips To Make Personal Progress.

Tip #1 Take Action Every Day – if like me you have made a list of goals, for the New Year, then it is important to take some sort of action every day in the direction of those goals.  At the end of each month you can review all the actions you have taken so that you will be able to see what is working and adjust anything that is not working for you.

Tip #2 Slay Your Dragon First – it is possible that there are going to be things about this new direction you have chosen that you will not like doing.  So my advice would be to set an intention that you are going to do these things first and then you can move on to doing those things that you do like to do.

Tip #3 Delayed Gratification – as a natural follow on from Tip 2 we humans actually possess an inbuilt ability to delay gratification, so why not utilise that “skill” on a daily basis?  It means that you have always got the pleasurable things to look forward to.

Tip #4 Beware the “Nay Sayers” – these are your goals, you have chosen to set them for your own personal improvement. It is quite possible that other people will try to stop you achieving them.  Be on your guard and do not let these other people talk you out of them and bring your progress to a halt!

Tip #5 “Done Is Better Than Perfect” – I used to fall into this trap with amazing regularity.  I would always strive to make the job “perfect” and because of that I would become hyper critical and that would be counter productive because I would, in reality, waste so much time on this that I ran out of time to work on getting things I wanted to done and finished.  I suddenly realised one day (after watching some of the Lavendaire videos),
that it is actually the opposite that helps you to make significant progress.  It is important to do things to the best of you ability but it does not have to be perfect every time.

Tip #6 “You Are The Master Of Your Thoughts” – How many times do you suddenly find yourself “day dreaming” about something totally random?  The chances are that these day dreams have absolutely nothing to do with your task in hand.  Therefore, when you catch yourself in this situation, mentally tell these thoughts that they are not part of your grand plan, they have no purpose being there at this time, so you are going to go straight through them. 

You are the Master Of Your Thoughts, you are the person in control of the thoughts in your head.

Tip #7 “The Power Of Thoughts” – following on from the above statement about being the Master of Your Thoughts you can also add the belief statements that:-

“My Good Thoughts Are Very Powerful” and “All My Negative Thoughts Are Very Weak”

In addition to all of the above points, I have personally found that it is very useful to have someone who holds you to account and keeps you on track.  This can be a friend or relation to whom you report on your progress towards you goals.  Having them watching over you as you move forwards can be extremely useful (although it can sometimes be a bit of a nuisance) – especially if you want to go for a cream tea when one of your goals is to lose a stone in weight!

ooo000ooo

My 28 page 2019 Workbook containing lots of Personal Development tools is now on sale.  


Currently it is only directly available from myself    

The cost is £12 + shipping (payable via PayPal).

To order a copy please contact me.



ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a coach; speaker; radio presenter and founder of The Blue Sky Company.  I am also a therapist and owner of a virtual light centre called Rainbow Bridge.  My therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and I recently qualified as a Reiki Master / Teacher and I am currently studying a Colour Therapy course,

If you would like to know more about the blog or my therapy work etc, then please email me

Follow the link to join our Facebook page Under Blue Skies this page is host to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").


It would also be fantastic if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family.

LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

We send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

However, to ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service. 

To be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to  


When you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

It would also be great if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!


DAve x

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...