Wednesday 30 January 2019

Mindful Parenting - A Special Guest Post



This week’s post is a special guest post by my friend and fellow Midlander Catherine Green

As the pagan housewife I practice mindful parenting. I have been meditating and using affirmations for almost fifteen years, and selfcare is very important when I feel overwhelmed with motherhood. Just like everyone who has children, I sailed into parenthood full of aspirations, personal goals and a cheerful attitude that I would be the perfect parent, I would raise my children to be good and obedient, and I would show everyone else how it is done. Oh, what a fool I was!

None of us really know how to be parents. We muddle through and make it up as we go along. There is no right or wrong way to raise a child, because each child is individual. And that is the key factor. I don’t want my children to be quiet and introverted and obedient. I want them to feel confident in their choices, confident in their self-belief, and to question anything that needs explanation. They are exhausting, but they are wonderful. My children know the difference between right and wrong as we perceive it. They understand what good behaviour should be, and they are free to decide how they behave.

Being a mindful parent simply means being aware of our limits as adults. We cannot be there every second of the day to oversee our children’s lives. At some point we must step away and give them some space to grow and develop. They need interaction from other adults and children to teach them about life and how to respond in different situations. Sometimes I need a day away from my children, so I send them to grandparents or friends, and I don’t feel guilty about it. I need a break from them, and they need a break from me occasionally. It is healthy to have some space.

Another challenge is food. I had dreams of being the traditional Earth Mother, feeding my little darlings fresh, home cooked food. I wanted it to be home grown, but that is still in development. And now they refuse to eat proper food. They live on a junk food diet, and that is mostly my fault, because I am the one who gave it to them. I couldn’t help it. I give them the kinds of food that I used to eat as a child, and the foods that I like to eat now. They choose what they like from that selection, and they refuse the fresh, healthy vegetables that I offer. Seriously, I have visited doctors, health professionals, the internet and lots of parent friends for advice, but nothing works in this department. It is an ongoing battle.

So, I take a step back. I put the children to bed, pour myself a glass of gin, sit down and try to relax. I visit my local reiki support group for meditation and relaxation. I sit in my quiet space at home and meditate. I visit my parent friends and we all reassure each other that we are doing a good job. Life goes on. Our children grow.

Did you enjoy this article? Join my tribe to keep informed of new stories from SpookyMrsGreen.
SpookyMrsGreen: the Pagan Housewife

ooo000ooo

Catherine Green: ghostbuster, author, mother and wife. My ghosts lurk within the human mind; my supernatural creatures are loud and proud.

You heard me. I hunt ghosts, both the scary old house kind, and those that are not so easily revealed. I live with people that have mental health challenges, mainly depression and anxiety, and those kinds of ghosts are the most difficult to slay.

It is not surprising, then, that my stories feature supernatural creatures exhibiting weird and wonderful personality traits, magical powers, and all the quirks of a human magnified and heightened. #TheRedcliffeNovels series is set in a fictional seaside town in Cornwall, and my next series of novels tell tales of vampires and vampire hunters in the North West of England. Come and look, if you dare…

As the pagan housewife I blog about lifestyle, family, the world of books, and of course, my favourite pastime, ghost hunting. I also blog about my adventures in British shamanism and witchcraft, holistic health and wellbeing, and living with a rare genetic disorder. Contact me for collaborations, product reviews, and anything else we might create together.

You can find Catherine in the following places:

The Pagan Housewife Blog - http://spookymrsgreen.com/
Amazon UK Author Page - https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B005BTNHTG

ooo000ooo

I would like to express my deepest thanks to Catherine for taking the time to create this post for us and I hope that there will be some feedback from everyone and then I can pass those comments over to her.


ooo000ooo

My 28 page 2019 Workbook containing lots of Personal Development tools is now on sale.  


Currently it is only directly available from myself    

The cost is £12 + shipping (payable via PayPal).

To order a copy please contact me.

Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook
"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"

ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a coach; speaker; radio presenter and founder of The Blue Sky Company.  I am also a therapist and owner of a virtual light centre called Rainbow Bridge.  My therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and I am qualified as a Reiki Master / Teacher and currently studying a Colour Therapy course,

If you would like to know more about the blog or my therapy work etc, then please email me

Follow the link to join our Facebook page Under Blue Skies this page is host to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").


It would also be fantastic if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family.

LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

We send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

However, to ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service. 

To be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to  


When you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

It would also be great if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!


DAve x

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...