Wednesday 8 January 2020

NOBODY SAID “LIFE WAS EASY!”



NOBODY SAID “LIFE WAS EASY!”

If you have a problem in your life, in your love life or any other area then you really want to get rid of it as quickly as possible. 

I am certain that if I were to ask everyone I came into contact with today everyone of them would say the same thing, and yet everyone of them could potentially be wrong.

In fact if we look back through history quite the opposite perspective comes into view and that is as follows

“instead of trying to banish hardships, look at them more closely (through the eyes of a friend for instance)”

The answers to all life’s problems are actually contained (sometimes hidden) within them, Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius summed up the situation very well when he said “What stands in the way, becomes the way!”

We can break this concept down into 3 steps

Find The Courage!

Most of the problems and setbacks are not caused by the problems themselves but from the desire we have to try to persuade ourselves that the problems are not happening.

For example if your marriage is “on the rocks” you will most probably find yourself under a huge amount of personal pressure to not admit to yourself that it is happening.  The reason why being that you will then need to face taking some very scary action (either to end it or save it)

Similarly when if you have money troubles it is all too easy to look away from the cash machine when it shows up the size of your overdraft

If you look the truth straight on then although it might be uncomfortable but in reality it is much easier to take action and deal with the issue.  I speak from experience about this because I was there years ago and took the path of avoidance rather than the path of action and I lost our first home because of it.

Look More Deeply!

You think that the situation is clear – you are depressed and really want to feel better, you hate your job and you want a new one or you want your parents to treat you more like a grown up person.

There is a theory that issues such as anxiety or depression are often messages from the subconscious, indicators of things that might need to change in your life.  However if you try to suppress such messages and feelings you may miss the pointers to what needs to change in your life and then you may never know.

Another option could be to use the 5 Why’s method for example:-

Why am I always so angry?  - Because I feel like people take me for granted
Why do I feel they take me for granted?

Follow this process until you have asked the 5 Whys and you may well discover the solution.

Problems Will Never Go Away.

There is a strange sort of comfort with this realisation.  Life consists of problems

How do I find a worthwhile job?
How do I make this relationship work?
How do I raise a child?
How do I deal with getting older?

Once we reach a realisation that we make things worse because we mistakenly feel that we should not experience problems or difficulties, it will eventually dawn on us that a life without setbacks would be a life without meaning or purpose!

And a life without purpose or meaning would therefore be a very big problem!

ooo000ooo


The (slightly) larger 2020 Workbook is now available!



To order a copy of the new book please navigate to the Shopping Page


Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"



ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a coach; speaker; radio presenter and founder of The Blue Sky Company.  I am also a therapist and my therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and Reiki.  Currently I am studying towards a Diploma in Mindfulness

If you would like to know more about the blog or my therapy work etc, then please email me.

Follow the link to join our Facebook page Under Blue Skies this page is host to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else as well as advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So it would also be fantastic if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family.

Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!






No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...