Thursday 12 January 2023

12/01/23. A Quick Update Concerning A Recent Deception

 


So we got through the Yule period without a hitch and the New Year came gently wandering into our house!

Last weekend I fell prey to a little piece of deception as my family had organised a pre-birthday gathering of friends and extended family.  I knew absolutely nothing about it, having been told that we were meeting friends Dannie and Anthony for a meal at a venue I didn’t know!

Upon arrival I was feeling a little suspicious because there were no cars I recognised in the car park, but we continued moving into the place.

When we got inside the deception became apparent because the bar was full of friends old and new.  To say I was “gobsmacked” is an understatement!

Anyway the evening was fantastic, there was a lovely buffet and I felt very “under-dressed” seeing the ladies in lovely dresses etc. the men in smart casual etc. and I had turned up in a jumper and casual trousers and trainers!

However when I made the required “speech” I did apologise for my casual appearance.  

So the evening went on until quite late with tunes courtesy of Mr A. (Thanks my friend!)

And now, during the last 24 hours I have become a year older, had a family get together, received some wonderful gifts and am still getting used to being the age I am despite not being comfortable saying it!

So a great big thank you to all who came to the event, to the family and friends who organised the deception and anyone else I might have forgotten.

Now let’s get back to living my life!


DAve x

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...