Wednesday 16 May 2018

The Qualities We Admire In Other People…….



Do you often find yourself watching other people and thinking I wish I could be like him or her, he (or she) is so good at ………………… (fill in the blank)?

Well in all honesty the answer is that you already are!


Hi I’m Dave Baxter and welcome to the Under Blue Skies blog page.

It has suddenly become apparent to me as a result of the work I have been doing on myself that whatever traits or qualities we admire in other people we already possess in ourselves.  That is why whatever it is they are doing resonates with us. 

Be it music, poetry, film, looking after the elderly or the very young – when we always admire the things other people do we are doing so because those things are part of our own make up.

When I was thinking about this post I was looking at my relationships with other people and trying to see what qualities we shared that I could use as examples to illustrate the topic and one of the things that surfaced was that I have always been attracted to the colour purple and surprising though it may seem my closest friends are all lovers of purple.

However it does not stop there I have been working on a new vision board (created on canvas) and using coloured marker pens.  The startling thing as I looked at this was that all of the things that are dearest to me and my biggest ambitions were written in purple.

My mission statement – written in purple
The car I most want in the world – written in purple
Things to do with my music and therapy work – written in purple
My favourite holiday destination – written in purple
Important projects I am working on – written in purple

The next most popular items were written in royal blue

I had no pre - conceived plan that this should be the case, but all of these projects featured qualities that the “purple” and “blue” people held.

So my thinking is that there has to be a link with the qualities that I admire in people who are my friends / associates and the colours that I chose to represent those projects are all things that we share.

I know it may seem at first glance to be a very tenous link but why have I chosen people who like purple, to work with me on projects that are dear to me and that I had written on my vision board in purple?

Oh and by the way – my drinks coasters are purple or have purple in them, the mouse mat on my desk is Royal Blue my mouse mat on my desk is Royal Blue my corner unit is blue, my carpet is dark blue, the door is blue and the window frames are blue.

If this post has prompted any questions or you feel that you would like to add anything further then please leave a comment in the box below.

I have created a “subscription only” service to help subscribers to begin each day on the right note.  Once you subscribe I will send you an inspirational phrase direct to your email inbox every day.

To do this, please provide a valid email address to “opt in” to the service, you can do this by following this link – and then using “add me” as the subject line.  

ooo000ooo

About Dave   

As the founder of The Blue Sky Company  I am dedicated to building a business that:-

“Inspires and Empowers people to create Lasting change”

I am a coach; speaker; radio presenter; therapist and co-owner of a virtual light centre called The Crystal Spring. 

My therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and Reiki (qualified Master / Teacher).  In addition I am currently studying towards a Practitioner /Master’s qualification in Mindfulness.

If you would like to know more about my therapy work or the short courses that I am able to offer and you would prefer a more confidential approach then please send me an email

The address is underblueskies@zoho.com

We would love you to become a member of our Facebook page Under Blue Skies

To sign up follow this link –


You will be most welcome

If you have found this post interesting please spread the word about the blog to your friends and family and I look forward to welcoming them along as well.

LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to this blog please go over to the right hand side of the page and click the button that says “Follow” and you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Please share this and my other posts with your friends and associates

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

DAve x

The Under Blue Skies Workbook has a couple of minor alterations to make and then it is going to print.









No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...