Wednesday 8 July 2020

Breaking The Chain.......


Breaking

          The

                        Chain





Hi and welcome to this week's blog post.

I have spent a lot of my working life following somebody else's rules and dictates often feeling that this was nothing like it was meant to be.

Many times I felt that I was a Square Peg in a Round Hole and that I did not fit in.

But before I go any further, let me give you a small insight into my background. My dad worked in a factory and having spent many evenings attending night School he qualified as a draftsman. in a relatively short space of time after his qualification the family moved lock stock and barrel the Cheshire where are dad took up a post as a Civil Servant. Eventually this post would lead him to become a qualified cost engineer.

My mum was a florist and she worked for a funeral director after which she ultimately became hairdresser. However for many years after we moved to Cheshire she was a middle class housewife bringing up her young family. as her family older mum decided that you wanted to go back to work you found a job caring for elderly people in a residential home.

As for myself I had successfully passed the 11-plus examination and had an accepted into Grammar School but even then I knew that there was so much more that life had to offer me and that I had plenty to offer to other people.

I discovered that I had a skill for helping people to see through the curtains of their life windows and to help them gain clarity in various situations.

However at this time my dream was to become a teacher. I felt that this was something that I could get my teeth into:-

For whatever reason I did not what achievement the results that I needed to get into college and thus the offer of a place was withdrawn.

During the following years I drifted through various career paths and eventually followed in my father's footsteps and became a civil servant, then after several months the contract expires and I found a position as a sales rep,then a bus driver and ultimately a coach driver.
However, life was to change yet again because I was not ultimately happy by any of the above career choices and so I followed my heart I booked onto a course and trained to become a coach. At the time this was the only formal training anyone could get for entry into Coaching.

Subsequently I took a diploma in life coaching and I trained as a counsellor after which I became a qualified music therapist. these qualifications gave me a lot of satisfaction when dealing with clients but did not provide the regular income I required as a family man and so I fell into to my next love - entertainment.

However, after 20-years of doing the same sort of things I really am feeling bored.

So lately I have been working around the concept of "Breaking The Chain" and how to do just that!

Because I have compiled several workbooks and other publications I am starting to feel that I really need to go back into Coaching and in such a way that I can combine it with the entertainment business that I also still love.

So although this is still a work in progress situation the die is well and truly cast - in the coming months I will be looking closely at my exit strategy from this corporate world and my entry strategy into the new (and hopefully more exciting one!) of a full time coach / therapist.


Thank you for reading this post that I hope you found of interest.

Please take the time to look below at the different ways you can get involved and I will look forward to speaking to you again soon

DAve



oooOOOooo

The (slightly) larger 2020 Workbook is now available!



To order a copy of the workbook please navigate to the Shopping Page

Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"


ooo000ooo



About Dave   I am a personal development coach; a therapist; speaker; and  radio presenter.  A number of years ago I founded The Blue Sky Company to enable me to develop my work in more ways.  In addition I am also a therapist and my therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy, Reiki and I am working towards a Diploma in Mindfulness.

If you would like to know more about my therapy work etc, then please email me.

If you would like to join our Facebook group just follow the link below to the Under Blue Skies page. The page is home to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else.  The page also provides advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So please spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family and I hope to see you as a member of our "Tribe" soon.


Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...