Thursday 2 July 2020

LET THE MUSIC PLAY!

Thursday 2nd July 2020



Hi everyone this post is written from a personal standpoint

I know that the current situation is adversely affecting many people around the World.  


However there is one aspect of it that directly affects me and many of my friends and colleagues around the world so I feel that the time has come to lend my voice to that of the others and call for a review of a policy that has impacted severely on many of the people involved in the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY.


HOW CAN THIS BE?

For some reason we are not deemed relevant when it comes to support from Central / Local Government despite a direct question being asked of the Chancellor of The Exchequer in open Parliament at the beginning of the Coronavirus situation in the UK.


The Chancellor was asked whether a company supplying power generators to the event industry would come under the scope of the guidelines and be eligible for support by way of rate relief.  The response was quite simple "Yes they would be eligible!"


I know that several local authorities have chosen to ignore that comment and refused to support businesses trading within their areas - by using many varied excuses such as "you don't have a dedicated showroom" or "you are not open to the public" or simply "you do not meet the criteria set down"


Now we have seen in the past 24 hours announcements that 2 large theatres are about to close their doors.  One of the reasons given is that the Social Distancing regulations mean that opening is simply not a viable option and without being able to open there is no income.


And just today I have seen the following 


"Live music alone added £4.5bn to the economy in 2019 and supported 210,000 jobs across the UK.


Up to 50% of the live music workforce is facing unemployment bringing with it a catastrophic loss of skills.

The arenas are set to lose approximately 5 million visitors as a direct result of Covid 19.


Music festivals in the UK support around 85,000 jobs and with the summer effectively cancelled most of these events are facing collapse and the people looking at unemployment.


So this one section of the entertainment industry alone could see about 300,000 people claiming off the state".


How much is this all going to cost unless something is done to breathe life back into our event industry?



ooo000ooo


About Dave   I am a personal development coach; a therapist; speaker; and  radio presenter.  A number of years ago I founded The Blue Sky Company to enable me to develop my work in more ways.  In addition I am also a therapist and my therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy, Reiki and I am working towards a Diploma in Mindfulness.

If you would like to know more about my therapy work etc, then please email me.

If you would like to join our Facebook group just follow the link below to the Under Blue Skies page. The page is home to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else.  The page also provides advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So please spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family and I hope to see you as a member of our "Tribe" soon.


Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

1 comment:

  1. Friday afternoon and I have just received a Tweet (13:35) and I quote:- "as a direct result of the Covid-19 crisis, we regret to announce The Stage s entering into a period of redundancy consultations"

    and another yesterday (18.05) Theatres Trust proclaimed "we are saddened that a suitable buyer has not been found for Nuffield Southampton Theatres. A valuable producer has been lost and the team behind @NSTheatres must be supported so the sector does not lose their expertise"

    ReplyDelete

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...