Tuesday 8 December 2020

Reduce, Revise, Recycle - a different view!


                      Reduce

                 Revise

                 Recycle

           a different view!


The title of this post is an often used phrase that we will have all come across at one stage or other of our lives.

However, I sometimes feel that it goes beyond that – I consider that our old views of recycling simply are not enough for life in the 21st-century.

I believe that there are now five R’s that we can combine to help us get to a zero waste situation. Some of these have yet to become mainstream so I have taken the opportunity to tell you what they are so that the more people who do them the quicker they will be adopted by society in general.

So what are these five R’s?


Refuse
Reduce
Reuse
Recycle
Rot

Refusing is down to all – we can opt to have a reusable cup / a water bottle / a canvas bag / drinking straw (non plastic of course)

We can also elect to opt out of receiving junk mail and as I have done, make the move to digital banking plus we can opt for other paperless transactions.

Additionally, I have chosen to walk more (instead of using the car for those short journeys) to the shops et cetera.

Quite simply, these changes only take small amounts of effort yet they can make a huge difference.   However, a word of caution, they can just as easily become lost as I discovered recently.

Quite simply, I attended an event last year (in the days before lockdowns and pandemics). At the event I was offered a free drink (contained in a plastic bottle) and without thinking, I was on the verge of accepting the drink when I suddenly thought about the disposability of the container and stopped myself just in time and politely refused.

We are so very used to accepting leaflets and the like, that it requires a conscious effort to stop and think before taking them.

However, we can all (with practice and determination) stop and think about whether or not we really want the item being proffered to us or will  we take it and then it will simply be discarded without another thought.

But, choose wisely and refuse these things and over time, you will begin to really value the steps that you take.

There is a whole re-purposing movement that finds new and novel uses for things that we would once have discarded.  Such items as old ribbons, jam jars, clothes et cetera can often be reused in different and exciting ways.

And so finally we come to rot - by composting things we cannot use we can ensure that that they go back to nature and will ultimately become beneficial for future crops.

So, as you go forwards with your life from today I would like to encourage you to think about the five R’s which to repeat are:-

Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rot.

oooOOOooo

The 2021 Workbook is now in progress!





However if you wish to order a copy of the outgoing 2020 workbook please navigate to the Shopping Page


Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"



ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a personal development coach; a therapist; speaker; and  radio presenter.  A number of years ago I founded The Blue Sky Company to enable me to develop my work in more ways.  In addition I am also a therapist and my therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy, Reiki and I am working towards a Diploma in Mindfulness.


If you would like to know more about my therapy work etc, then please email me.

If you would like to join our Facebook group just follow the link below to the Under Blue Skies page. The page is home to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else.  The page also provides advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So please spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family and I hope to see you as a member of our "Tribe" soon.


Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...