Wednesday 19 February 2020

Rules For Success

                                                                
                                                                           Hi I'm Dave and first of all I would like to say 

(Lancia Delta Integrale ©Wytchwynd Photography)
                    
"I really appreciate you taking the time to read this blog and (hopefully) sharing it with your friends, colleagues and all the other cool people you hang around with".  


So, that said, even though I have enjoyed researching and writing all of the posts over the years, lately it seems I have had a tendency to drift away from the main reason that I began writing my Blog in the first place. 

 I had lost sight of my "why"!

So I have made a conscious decision to change and as a result of that decision, I am going right back to those very early days, but with a slightly altered perspective.  

I will be looking at things from a 21st Century viewpoint.  I wanted to get back into helping people by giving them easy pointers to the ways that they could (and if followed they can) make noticeable differences to their lives.

At this point it is worth mentioning that the person responsible for this revisit is a lady from America who has "been through the mill" in her life lately but has come out of the experience far stronger.  Her work (that I discovered recently) has been extremely inspiring to me.  That lady is Gabby Bernstein and so with all credit to her, there follows my take on something that she has labelled her

"10 Rules For Success"

1.  Take Action Now - there is no use saying  "I will be doing that in a couple of weeks" or "when I get back from ???? I will start to do......."

Sorry but that is not the point.  You have to make your move now, determine what you can do today, in this very moment, to direct yourself towards you success.

2.  Commit To Joy - Don't be Mrs or Mr Miserable.  Be joyous that you are going about this transformation.  Get off the negative vibe and look for the joy in all that you do.

3.  Be Willing To Make Changes - I firmly believe that unless you are willing to make changes in your life your life will never change.  On my Facebook Group page I have something called the Member Post where I provide daily tips to help guide you to success.  Recently one of those posts read "It Must Change and I Must Change It"

4.  Overcome Your Fears - we are often fearful of making a step outside our comfort zone, that little area of our lives where everything is safe, known and not at all risky.  However, if you want to change and become more successful that fear has got to be squashed. 

5.  Be Honest With Yourself - ask yourself some important questions and be completely truthful in your answers.  If something is happening ask yourself this :- "What is it within me that is causing this to happen?"  Then ensure that you are totally honest with yourself and when you find what it is, then you MUST commit to change.

6.  Choose A Positive Life Perspective - with everywhere you go and with everything you do you can opt to view it from a negative or a positive perspective.  However to be successful requires that you discount the negative and adopt the positive.  If you find yourself thinking something that is negative, STOP and immediately shift your stance to one that is positive. For a very simplistic example - instead of coming to a major road and thinking "I cannot possibly cross this road, it is too busy!" shift your thinking to something along the lines of "50 yards down the road there is a pedestrian crossing, if i walk down there I will be able to cross plus I will add 100 yards to my step total for the day, which in turn is good for me"

7.  Find Out What You Desire - what do you want to get out of life?  What is that you truly want to happen?  Once you get clear and know exactly what these things are then you can start to create a plan (or a life map) to help you to get there.  

8.  Practice Self Forgiveness -  Use the following statement as a part of your daily affirmations  "I am willing to forgive myself" - and do it!

9.  Transform Your Thinking - if you follow the same patterns and do what you always do, you will get the same results as you always do.  You have to be totally honest with yourself, do some digging and find out what you are thinking that creates these perpetual results.  Once you have found it you can set about making the transformation that shifts you away from that way of thinking.

10. Show Up With Love / Grace and Self Compassion - ask yourself this question and answer honestly what is it about the way I treat myself that I can change in order to take care of myself in the best way possible and having made the changes you will probably also find that your approach to other people changes along with the attitude to you..... so you then discover that you are in a win win situation,

AND Most Importantly

FOCUS ON THE GOOD STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...