Tuesday 19 January 2021

Taking Stock (Holding A Personal Review)

TAKING STOCK

(Holding A Personal Review)

So here we are at the beginning of 2021 and I have to say that during my life thus far, I have never experienced such upheaval, upset and confusion!  I would like to say that there is a "simple way" out of this but at present the way things are being handled I am not sure that there is! 

I would love to be able to say that I am able to provide a solution to the whole situation in which everyone is finding themselves, but the truth is I cannot! 

However, what I can do is provide a few ideas and suggestions about the ways we can make lifestyle improvements that will help us to work towards making our lives more focused and as a result, hopefully more pleasant and meaningful.

So let us take a few moments, before we go any further,  and recognise that it is time to take stock of where we are right now.   To do this effectively please take the time to ask yourself the following few questions:-

1. What three things have gone well for me in the past six months and why?

a, what am I grateful for?

b, what have I done and been successful at?

c, what type of thinking has created positive results in my life?

2. What three things could I do differently from what I am doing now that will make a positive impact on my life during the next six months?

Think about things that might stop you or will get in your way. How would you deal with them?

3. If I could create three definitely achievable goals for 2021 what would they be?

Identify the milestones that you will have to reach every month to achieve those goals?

Decide how you could celebrate both the weekly results as well as monthly results?

Now, Looking back over the last couple of months answer these questions

Am I surrounding myself with people who inspire and stimulate me?

What do I want to be different in 2021 when compared to 2020?

Where do I need to grow and what action must I take to ensure that growth happens?

What are the thoughts and feelings that sabotage me and how can I create a new internal soundtrack for my life?

What new habits can I create on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to support my progress?

Remember that coaching is always about working on your life and not reacting to events.  Because of this it is also important to ask yourself the following questions on regular basis:-

Am I OK?
What do I need?
What is working for me?
What isn't working for me?
Am I on track?
Where do I need to grow?
What actions do I need to take?

And finally! 

If I only focused on things I can control, what three things would I concentrate on (during the next six months) that would dramatically improve my self care?

So my friends, as you may already know, I work with people, helping them to create a life that works and if you feel that you would benefit from a few Personal Development sessions please feel free to contact me for a "wee chat".

oooOOOooo

The preparation of the new and different 2021 Workbook is underway! 
(But, owing to circumstances it will probably be available in Mid February)





However if you wish to order a copy of the outgoing 2020 workbook please navigate to the Shopping Page


Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"



ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a personal development coach; a therapist; speaker; and  radio presenter.  A number of years ago I founded The Blue Sky Company to enable me to develop my work in more ways.  In addition I am also a therapist and that work includes music therapy; crystal therapy; Reiki and I will soon be offering an introduction to  Mindfulness.


If you would like to know more about my therapy work etc, then please email me.

If you would like to join our Facebook group just follow the link below to the Under Blue Skies page. The page is home to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else.  The page also provides advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So please spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family and I hope to see you as a member of our "Tribe" soon.


Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...