Wednesday 14 November 2018

Something For The Weekend.....

The Weekend Starts Here.........




Sunday Morning in South Molton

However despite that lovely blue sky in the photograph, the weather on Friday was totally horrible.  It was windy, wet and not very warm here in North Devon.

I eventually got away from the office at 4.30pm despite having planned to leave 2 hours earlier and drove over the edge of Exmoor to South Molton.   By the time I arrived on site it was dark, the rain was driving across the field and the wind was rather strong to say the least.  

First job was to connect up the power and then once I could see inside the caravan, get the heating on.  It is never my favourite job (messing with electrical connections in the rain) but I got it done.  The heater was fired up and then I could start the other jobs that had to be done.......

Connect the water system to the mains
Charge the water system
Set up the waste run off
Connect the tv aerial to the external socket.

Then get out of the soggy wet clothes......oops no!  There is nothing to eat, so jump in the car and go to Sainsbury's to get some supplies.  

The amazing dinner I concocted was as follows:- Crumpets and Cheese and a Belivita breakfast biscuit, yummy washed down with a cup of steaming hot coffee!

Having eaten I decided I would do some work because I still had a couple of hours to kill before Alison arrived......then I discovered I could not get an internet connection - arrggghhhh!!!
However, I coped!

Saturday

After a fairly leisurely breakfast listening to the rain bouncing on the roof of the van we decided that we were going to "take the bull by the horns" and head off to Exeter as planned.  We ended up at Martin's (Chris Martin from Coldplay is the owner's son).  They did not have the caravan we were interested in viewing but they did have an absolutely stunning Mercedes Camper.  This one vehicle has changed my mind about VWs (they are simply out of my price range) and the Merc is a much more affordable vehicle, so who knows?

After visiting Martin's we went into Exeter for some lunch and dined at "The Range".  Having eaten we shopped and bought ourselves a little Yuletide luxury - we bought a snowman who we have christened Pete.

On the drive back we trundled through the Devon lanes stopping every so often to take photos.



Before finally arriving back at the caravan in the late afternoon.

We then decided that we would go to the "clubhouse" for dinner and during the meal we watched a video that our daughter Dawn was streaming from Ilfracombe.  The town was being treated to an amazing video spectacular (put together by my ex boss) to pay tribute to the fallen of the 1st World War. 

Sunday

We woke to more raindrops on the caravan roof, but it was only a passing shower and after breakfast we took our time packing everything down and preparing to put the caravan into storage for the winter months.
We eventually pulled off site about 1.30pm and drove home.

In the evening Dawn (still our Daughter) asked if we could go out for dinner because she wanted a carvery.  The only place we could find was the Pack Of Cards, in Combe Martin so off we went.  A very nice carvery although compared to some places it is quite pricey.  For 3 of us with 3 glasses of J20 the bill was a shade over £40.  

So all in all an excellent albeit wet weekend for the last one of the season (maybe)!

ooo000ooo

I know that this is a total departure from the normal Personal Development post I would normally provide on a Wednesday, but owing to the trip away and no internet connection I have been unable to put together anything for this week.  Normal Service will be resumed next week though.  

If people would like to have a more informal feel and the odd post that is along these sort of lines then please leave a comment in the box and if enough of you want me to I will add some of these posts in more regularly.


ooo000ooo

About Me  

As the founder of The Blue Sky Company I am dedicated to building a business that:-

“Inspires and Empowers people to create Lasting Change

I am a Personal Development coach; speaker; radio presenter; therapist and co-owner of a virtual light centre called The Crystal Spring .

My therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and Reiki (Master / Teacher).
 
If you would like to know more about my work in any of the above therapies then please email me

If you have found this (and my other posts) interesting I would really like you to  become a member of our Facebook family Under Blue Skies and you can do this by following this link:-

ooo000ooo

LET’S CONNECT

           Facebook                                   Twitter


           Pinterest                                     You Tube



My Other Sites




Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

ooo000ooo

To subscribe to this blog please click the button that says “Follow” on the right hand side of the page and you will be added to our list of subscribers.

I sincerely hope that you have found this article (or any of my others) interesting and/or useful.  If so, then it would be fantastic if you could leave a comment in the “comment” box below.

Please share this and my other posts with your friends and associates so that together we can work towards making this world a better place.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

DAve x

P.S.
The Under Blue Skies Workbook, the Mini Goal Pages and a selection of my musical work together with items by other content creators can now be purchased from my Shopping Page which is accessed by clicking the tab at the top of the page.




No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...