Wednesday 26 June 2019

The Story of "Under Blue Skies"

©Tony Edmonds Photography

To begin this story we need to go back in time to when I was a student at Lymm Grammar School in Cheshire during the 1960s.

During that period of my life I discovered that people were often coming to me for advice about things that were happening in their lives and how they could build what I now refer to as coping strategies to help them through the problems they were experiencing.

I had no idea why they came to me but they did and would explain their situation to me and then ask me what they could do to fix it or deal with it.  To be honest my answers were often simple gut reactions, having no basis in anything except what I would do if I were in their situation.

For that I became a “go to” person and to be honest it felt good.

Now we leap forward a number of years and even though my personal life was something of a disaster zone, people still kept coming to me and asking for my advice. All I did was exactly what I had done at school – listen, think and comment what I felt and for some reason this seemed to be enough.

In 1990 my life took a rather odd twist, we had a “life changing” trip to Glastonbury and it was as a result of that I began working with meditation and I started pursuing a theory that the body could heal itself, given the correct stimuli (something I still believe in and work with as of today).

It was also during the early 90s that I enrolled on a course at University College Warrington to study performing arts and as a “timetable filler” I took an Introduction to Basic Counselling Skills that was a certificated course.

My next move was to take a trip to London in response to an advertisement to take a 2 day weekend course in Life Coaching.  One of the trainers (who has been a friend ever since that weekend) was watching + listening to me in a coaching session and he made a comment that I was a natural and that I should pursue the idea of becoming a coach.

At the end of the course I was the proud holder of the country’s only certificated coaching qualification and so the next step was to form Altered Image Life Coaching.



In the years that followed I worked with several clients on personal matters and also on their Personal Development using the techniques I had learned and some of my own that I devised.

I continued happily working in this way until mid 2006 when I enrolled on a Diploma In Life Coaching – this course opened my eyes to even more things I could add to my toolkit for Personal Development.  I subsequently passed the course in 2007 and was awarded the Diploma and with it the entitlement to use the letters M.A.S.C.(lifecoach) after my name.

I continued working with a growing number of clients under the Altered Image brand for a number of years but I felt that I needed to expand the services I offered so I devised a change of branding and added a couple of courses that I could deliver and thus The Blue Sky Company came into being.



Following a decision to provide more courses / trainings the Personal Development portion of the business was given it's current independent identity and became known as Under Blue Skies.

So now we come right up to the present structure of the business

As The Blue Sky Company – we are preparing to deliver the following courses during the 2nd half of 2019.

Take Off The Mask (a look at developing Personal Confidence)

An Introduction To Mindfulness

Effective Goal Planning.



Under Blue Skies will be continuing to provide one to one coaching and personal development, writing the blog and being responsible for creating the personal workbooks and other Personal Development tools such as the Just For Today videos, the 100 Wishes books etc.

And finally a few Client Comments


Emma Anderson - Therapist and Student - "You were the greatest help to me at a very dark time indeed. You single-handedly, whether you know it or not, pulled me out, and no words would ever express how thankful I am for that."

Your friend Emma

Artist Anna Siemaszko - "I found working with Dave very inspiring and helpful.  Even the first session was a breakthrough in many ways."

Childminder Linda Roper - "I was astounded to realise the effect a coaching session with Dave had had on me.  It was as if a blindfold had been removed from my eyes and I could see for the first time, with amazing clarity, my destination in life"


John Richard Trigg (Bulgaria) - "Your calming and focused approach to the future has opened up a very different attitude for me to move forward with and for that I thank you deeply"

oooOOOooo


My 28 page 2019 Workbook containing lots of Personal Development tools is now on sale.  


This book is only available by placing a direct order with me    

The cost is £12 + shipping (payable via PayPal).

To order a copy please contact me.


Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"



ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a coach; speaker; radio presenter and founder of The Blue Sky Company.  I am also a therapist and owner of a virtual light centre called Rainbow Bridge.  My therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and I am qualified as a Reiki Master / Teacher and currently studying a Colour Therapy course,

If you would like to know more about the blog or my therapy work etc, then please email me.

Follow the link to join our Facebook page Under Blue Skies this page is host to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else as well as advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So it would also be fantastic if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family.

LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

We send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

However, to ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service. 

To be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to  


When you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...