Wednesday 11 December 2019

CREATING MY WORKBOOKS


Creating My Workbooks

When I first encountered the concept of workbooks about 4 years ago I have to admit to being very dismissive of them and the associated idea of Journalling. 

This attitude arose from my thinking which up until then had always been very traditional.   

In my training I had learnt to use traditional coaching methodology with all my clients, and those early conversations often went something along the lines of:-

Client:  “I’m broken can you help mend me?”

Coach: “of course I can, let us book you in for a few sessions to begin with and see how we go from there.

Client: “oh thank you and I will see you in a week or so”

We would then meet and spend a minimum of an hour together and during that time some 10 – 15 minutes might be lost in greetings, chit chat and so on.

These methodologies were successful, but deep inside me I felt that there was something missing, something more that I could be bringing to the table and thus help my clients to gain even more from the weekly sessions.

During the client / coach sessions we followed all of the principle exercises, I would produce the Wheel of Life charts that detailed where the clients were in specific sectors of their lives and we would talk through these areas until the client gave me pointers to the kind of strategy we could put into place.

Very often the strategy included other exercises for the client to undertake, such as setting goals, and working out who, what, where and when’s of the objectives they set as their goals.

However, I was aware that I was becoming somewhat frustrated.  I love my work as a coach and seeing people making progress but working for about an hour at a time (and then often losing continuity because of life getting in the way) can lead to a certain amount of disenchantment on the client’s part. 
Clients have often said that they wished that they could have more sessions but that they simply could not afford the time or the money to increase the number of sessions they booked.

So, feeling somewhat disheartened, I began to look at ways how I could develop a method that meant people could get personal development material for less money and yet still generate income for myself.

Following a period of research I discovered that there was a way and that prompted me to look deeper and I found that there was a significant number of “work books” on the market and I began to wonder if it were possible for me to create something similar that I could make available to my clients.

That work and research involved watching a high number of videos on You Tube, signing up to blogs and closely examining the things that other people in my field were doing.

My first prototype work book was produced one Monday afternoon in late summer 2017.  By that time I had amassed a large number of projects that I felt were sufficiently stretching to keep someone interested and motivated to continue to work through the rest of the book.

So by Christmas that year the first book was produced, and looking back on it now it was quite clunky but it worked and sold amazingly well.  So well in fact that I was approached with a view to producing some spin off works and to write another book the following year.

A coach from the London area asked if she could use the book with her clients – that I did not expect!

Now in its third year the Under Blue Skies workbook still contains some of the original exercises and this year I have booked to produce and deliver a Goal Setting course along with an Introduction to Mindfulness course during 2020.


So as a result of the writing I am finding that I am gaining more book and associated product sales year on year plus I have gained a lot of knowledge and techniques from the research that I have undertaken.

ooo000ooo


The (slightly) larger Under Blue Skies 2020 Workbook is now available and is selling quickly



To order your copy of the new book please navigate to the Shopping Page


Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"



ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a coach; speaker; radio presenter and founder of The Blue Sky Company.  I am also a therapist and my therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and Reiki.  Currently I am studying towards a Diploma in Mindfulness

If you would like to know more about the blog or my therapy work etc, then please email me.

Follow the link to join our Facebook page Under Blue Skies this page is host to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else as well as advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So it would also be fantastic if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family.


Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...