Wednesday 5 August 2020

Coaching As I See It





A Look At Coaching Through My Eyes.







This is a purely subjective view of coaching! 

Recently I have spent a great deal of time trying to define (and redefine) what I do (as a coach) for my clients, and how the whole process works.  The realisation I reached was (to say the least) rather depressing.

I underwent several years of study, (attending various courses / seminars along the way) to gain my qualifications and now years later I rarely called upon to use them.

I have to admit that I have never identified as a business or a career coach because I do not hold the appropriate qualifications to use those terms.  As a result I have (whether rightly or wrongly) always styled myself as  Personal Development Consultant but lately I have been asking myself this question - What The F@#k Does That Mean?

I suppose that you could say that I help clients to develop on a personal level and yes that is, in part, true, I help them to become more confident versions of themselves.  

I can help them with setting and working towards successful completion of goals.

I can help clients learn a technique to overcome exam phobias and being nervous in certain situations

but really?  

Is that all being a P D C is all about?

So I had been giving a lot of consideration to alternatives and I came up with a few possibilities
and out of those I decided to begin a meditation group (and what a great success that turned out to be!)  4 people turned up for the first session and the same 4 turned up for the 2nd and 3rd sessions

The 4th session was cancelled because of flooding and after that nobody attended again.

I wrote a course entitled "Take Off The Mask! and be yourself" and that was a great success.  The 10 people who turned up said that they had taken a lot away from this evening.

Now I am in the process of working on a follow up to TOTM which will be looking at the Masks Of Masculinity (because yes, men hide behind masks as well as women).

So for the future......

I have just completed a new free workbook called "Bringing Clarity Into Your Life" and I can email a link to you so that you can download and work through it.

I am looking to do the Mask courses towards the end of the year (although I may turn them into video tutorials instead)

So all in all the future is looking much better than the past........

DAve x

oooOOOooo

The (slightly) larger 2020 Workbook is now available!



To order a copy of the workbook please navigate to the Shopping Page


Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"



ooo000ooo


About Dave   I am a personal development coach; a therapist; speaker; and  radio presenter.  A number of years ago I founded The Blue Sky Company to enable me to develop my work in more ways.  In addition I am also a therapist and my therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy, Reiki and I am working towards a Diploma in Mindfulness.

If you would like to know more about my therapy work etc, then please email me.

If you would like to join our Facebook group just follow the link below to the Under Blue Skies page. The page is home to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else.  The page also provides advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So please spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family and I hope to see you as a member of our "Tribe" soon.


Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...