Wednesday 20 December 2017

Thoughts About Self Love & How To Practice It

(image by - wytchwynd photography)

Over the years I have made many mistakes and taken numerous turnings on the road we call life.  I made choices that I believed were right at the time, but the long term effect was that they were not the best decisions I could have made.


During those years I got into experimentation with mind altering substances; I committed acts that I am not proud of,; I got into financial difficulties and lost a couple of houses. and I left the person that I love the most in the world while she was expecting our first baby.

I am not proud to have all those things in my past, and over time I have tried several ways and attempts to “write the wrongs”

However, I have now come to understand that all the decisions I have made in my life have mafe me who I am today.

I have tried to emulate other people that I viewed as being successful or having life “sussed” but I have always fallen short of the mark so to speak.  Sometimes my life has felt as it I was trying to swim through custard!

However, all of that being said, I have recently made some significant changes and as a result of this, things are happening that I have previously only ever dreamed about.

I discovered that probably one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself is “Self Love”.  After all, if you can’t love yourself then how on earth can you expect other people to love you?

So I think that now is a good time to look at a few of the ways that we both personally and as a global community can practice and benefit from Self Love.

Self love brings with it a number of things - the 4 main ones being Self Worth; Self Respect; Self Forgiveness and last but by no means least Self Confidence.

So here is a short challenge for you

Make a list of all the things you love about yourself

This is important because you have to acknowledge yourself, and love yourself, before you can truly give love back to other people

Having made the above list now you also need to make a list of your flaws. 

Making these two lists helps you to embrace everything about yourself.  Remember, nobody is perfect and the flaws that you have listed are part of what makes you who you are

DO NOT JUDGE YOURSELF FOR HAVING THOSE FLAWS instead, declare to the universe and to yourself something like this:-

“Despite all of my faults and flaws I love and respect myself all of the time”

Work on your self care – ask yourself what you need to do to feel your best every day and write down your answers. 

What will make you feel good about yourself all the time?

Stop making comparisons between yourself and other people because you are on your own path through this life.

Whatever he or she does is their choice!

Learn to understand that life is not a competition, there is sufficient room on this earth for all of us.

Keep a self love / gratitude journal every day.

And finally

Compose your own personal affirmation that is designed to make you feel powerful.  Make it a “must” to repeat this phrase every day without fail.

For example

“I am a child of the Universe and a being of ultimate love.  Therefore, I choose to love and respect myself today and every day!”

ooo000ooo

About Dave   I am a coach; speaker; radio presenter and founder of The Blue Sky Company.  I am also a therapist and co-owner of a virtual light centre called The Crystal Spring.  My therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy and I recently qualified as a Reiki Master / Teacher and I am currently studying a Colour Therapy course,

If you would like to know more about the blog or my therapy work etc, then please email  click here

I would love you to join our Facebook page Under Blue Skies that plays host to a group of like - minded people (the tribe).

And as a thank you for joining I would love to send you a complimentary Members Only pdf file entitled “Inspired Thoughts 2017”  

To get you copy please send me your best email address and it will be winging its way to you.

It would also be fantastic if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family.

LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

We send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

However, to ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service. 

To be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to  


When you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

It would also be great if you would spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

DAve x


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...