Wednesday 23 September 2020

Finding Your Voice!

     Finding Your Voice

Thank you for taking the time to join me here today.  

I decided that this week was probably a good time (in this period of unrest, discomfort and all of the other situations that are presenting themselves) to say something about Finding Your Voice.


I first wrote about this subject approximately a year ago when I was studying towards a Mindfulness Diploma and I decided that one day I would revisit and explore this subject a little further.

So as I said earlier I think that now is probably a good time to do this.  Listed below are a number of questions / tasks that will help you to decide what makes you the unique person that you are.

The first step to finding your voice is to examine your character closely - with honesty being the most important rule governing your answers.  

Make a list of all the words that describe your character and the qualities you possess.  Take your time doing this and be as accurate as possible with the words that you use.  

When you have created your list go back over it and find the 3 words that most accurately describe the best qualities you possess.

In my particular case the words I came up with at the end of this were

a) tenacious                              b) considerate                              c) deep

Next ask yourself (and answer truthfully) is this how I talk and come across to others?  If they were asked would people agree that the words I have used accurately portray my personal characteristics?


ooooooooo

Now let us look at the people that you have chosen to be part of your circle. 

Do you share common interests?

Are they male or female?


Are they in business on their own account or hold senior management positions?


Are they keen to develop themselves?


Do they share a similar sense of humour?


Do they share your values concerning right and wrong, good and bad etc?



ooooooooo

Next we need to establish the cultural / artistic influences you lean toward.  

Write down all the items of the above -

These answers will help you to determine (if you have not already worked it out) which situations would be comfortable (for you) should you be called upon to experience and discuss.

For example if you are a devoted fan of the music of The Beatles / The Rolling Stones or similar - you may find that you are uncomfortable attending the ballet or the opera

What sort of books appeal to you?  Biography, Science Fiction, Romance or others 

That then is the easy part...............


ooooooooo

Next you need to ask the question that is probably the most difficult and awkward question of them all.  

What do other people think of you and do their answers agree with how you see yourself?




ooooooooo
  
And finally................

Take a few moments and just write......this may not be as hard as you first think!    You can use this time to get things off your chest, write about things that are bothering you; things you like;  things you want more of in your life; things you want less of in your life;

This is your time, nobody is going to judge you and so you can let your mind go wild, you can truly "Find Your Voice!"


oooOOOooo

The (slightly) larger 2020 Workbook is now available!



To order a copy of the workbook please navigate to the Shopping Page


Business Developer / Coach Emma Kersey said this about the 2018 Workbook

"Sorry I didn't get round to fully utilizing the e-book but please know that just reading it helped massively........... just needed a push and the book did that so thank you"



ooo000ooo


About Dave   I am a personal development coach; a therapist; speaker; and  radio presenter.  A number of years ago I founded The Blue Sky Company to enable me to develop my work in more ways.  In addition I am also a therapist and my therapy work includes music therapy; crystal therapy, Reiki and I am working towards a Diploma in Mindfulness.

If you would like to know more about my therapy work etc, then please email me.

If you would like to join our Facebook group just follow the link below to the Under Blue Skies page. The page is home to a group of like - minded people (affectionately knows as "the tribe").

By way of a thank you for their continued support Tribe Members regularly receive exclusive content that I do not post anywhere else.  The page also provides advanced information about forthcoming projects and events.

So please spread the word about the blog, the tribe etc. to your friends and family and I hope to see you as a member of our "Tribe" soon.


Under Blue Skies
Private group · 27 members

Join Group
This group aims to concentrate primarily on Personal Change although at times there may be elements of Business Change or a cross over point somewhere...
LINKS

Website:

Wytchwynd Photography

Pinterest:

To subscribe to the blog please go over to the right hand side of this page and click the button that says “Follow”.  Once you do that you will be added to our list of subscribers.

Feel free to share this and other posts with your friends and associates

Inspirational Phrases

In addition to the above I send out a daily email containing an Inspirational Phrase. 

To ensure that we comply with the relevant regulations this is a subscription only service and to  be included please send an email using “add me” as the subject to:- 


Once you have subscribed the phrases will be delivered to your mail box every day at no cost to you whatsoever.

Have a fantastic day, live a life of Passion and Power.

And above all

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/11/23 Making My Way Back…….

  Hello and Merry Meet After what seems to be an absolute eternity I feel that I am now getting into a position where I can begin to reboot ...